1406 Macklyn Lane
Bartlesville OK 74006-5419
<firstname.lastname@example.org> Ph. 918/333-7390
- Currently: Professional storyteller nationwide since 1982, overseas since 1993 (Japan, Egypt, Singapore, Hong Kong, Macau). Education consultant, freelance author, and singer/songwriter. International tour manager for Hiroko Fujita, Japanese storyteller and author, 1995-2008.
- Education: B.A. Wellesley College 1965; Ph.D. (biology) University of Wisconsin 1970.
- Concert and Festival Appearances include: Japanese public schools and libraries, community centers, universities and festivals; Vancouver Storytelling Circle; Charlotte Folk Festival (NC): WinterTales (Oklahoma City); Spirit of Oklahoma Festival; Tellers of Tales (AZ); Nature Conservancy (OK); Prairie State Park (MO); Soundwaters ecology teaching ship (CT); Texas Storytelling Festival; OKon and RocKon Science Fiction Conventions; SunFest Storytelling Festival (Bartlesville OK ); Mountain Laurel Autoharp Gathering (Newport PA); Ozark Folk Center (AR); Texas Conference on Storytelling.
- Residency and Workshop Sponsors include: School districts and Libraries throughout U.S., Japan, Singapore; International Schools in Egypt, Hong Kong, Macau; New York City Storytelling Center; Asian Congress of Storytelling (Singapore); Longman Education Conference (Hong Kong); National Congress on Storytelling in Education (New London CT); National Storytelling Conferences (KC MO, Chicago, Bellingham WA); Orton Dyslexia Society (Indianopolis); TX Association for Gifted & Talented; League for the Advancement of New England Storytelling; courses at Oklahoma Panhandle State University; Oklahoma School for the Blind; Arts & Humanities Council of Tulsa; Oklahoma State Department of Education; Oklahoma Education Association; Association of Science & Technology Centers. Artist in Residence, Oklahoma Arts Council 1985-2001.
- Memberships: National Storytelling Network (chair, ORACLE awards committee); Territory Tellers of Oklahoma; Tejas Storytelling Association; LANES; Northlands; Nature Conservancy; Union of Concerned Scientists.
- Awards: International StoryBridge Award (with Hiroko Fujita, National Storytelling Network 2003). Pegasus Award for exceptional value of a storyteaching aid (for Stories to Play With). Oracle Award for Leadership and Service, south central region (National Storytelling Network 2006). John Henry Faulk Award (Tejas Storytelling Association 2009).
- Publications: stories in Joining In, The Ghost & I, Favorite Stories from the Texas Storytelling Festival, Many Voices, Holiday Stories All Year Round. Professional articles in: Instructor, Yarnspinner, National Storytelling Journal, Storytelling Magazine. Adult fiction: national US magazines as well as in Britain, Holland, Sweden, Norway, South Africa. Original songs: Sing Out!, Autoharp Quarterly. Guest Editor, Storytelling Magazine. Editor, Stories to Play With (1999), Folktales from the Japanese Countryside (2007). Author (bilingual collections) Fran & Hiroko’s Story Book Vols I, II, and III.
- Recordings: Storytelling with Autoharp (1991); “Crane’s Gratitude” and Other Tales Of Animal Wit & Wisdom (1992 ); Cat o’ Nine Tales: Stories & Songs About CATS (CD 2005); Traveling Tales Vols I & II (CDs 2005); Stories and Songs for a Green Earth (CD 2009).